Founder and current president of the Núcleo CIRO direction.
Founder member of the SPI-Research Center.
Director of the international journal JSPIR - Journal of Surgery, Periodontology & Implant Research.
Founder member of APMDH - Associação Portuguesa de Medicina Dentária Hospitalar.
Clinical Director of Clínica DAVALLMED.
As the mentor and founder of this organization, I have the duty to describe and explain the message behind all ideas, in the purest and most transparent way.
Everything starts with pride in the profession, the search for knowledge, pleasure and responsibility in treating patients and the honour of transmitting knowledge.
I am sure that this philosophy is not for everyone and not everyone shares the same values and goals, but this is the way.
Although the project started in my thoughts, several people from all over the world crossed in my life and identified with my values. Step by step, a group of people with similar ideas grew up for the same project.
Currently, we are a team that grows exponentially and looking back, I cannot forget all those who have passed through this team and for various reasons could not continue.
From a thought at home, a national team was formed that would be called the “Núcleo CIRO” from a meeting in a café downtown in Porto with me, Nuno Sampaio, Paulo Oliveira, Ivo Almeida, Diogo Rosas, Tiago Escobar, Eduarda Palmeira, Ana Lemos Costa, Ana Bessa and Francisco Correia. A team of clinicians, university professors and small investigators.
From an outburst in consequence of many thoughts, in Rome with the members Nuno Sampaio and Pedro Araújo, the SPI-Research Centre was formed and born a few years later as an international team with members of many countries from all over the world.
Today I am proud to feel that everyone who belongs to this team is proud to suffer for it and suffer from each other. We suffer because we like and depend on each other as a team, as “Núcleo CIRO”, as SPI-Research Centre.
Today the core of the team in Portugal that administrates this international organization is constituted by me, Francisca Matos Dias, Nuno Sampaio, Pedro Araujo, Tiago Escobar, Diogo Rosas, Ana Oliveira, Paulo Oliveira, Ivo Almeida, Pedro Santos, Catarina Tavares, Cidália Manuela, Bruno Borges, Graça Ribeiro, Rafaela Oliveira and Bruno Bessa.
Tomorrow we will continue with the philosophy of the “Núcleo CIRO” while acting at the SPI-Research Centre.
Tomorrow we will continue to be united, with pride in our profession, in the search for the acquisition of knowledge, in the pleasure and responsibility in the treatment of our patients, in honour of sharing our knowledge, and finally in the friendship that unites us all today and tomorrow will unite many more.
The SPI-Research Centre, has the soul of the “Núcleo CIRO”, a non-profit association with 3 fundamental pillars. To treat needy patients, to investigate and to improve surgical techniques and of oral rehabilitation and finally the formation of colleagues allowing the transmission of our knowledge in the best possible way.
The SPI-Research Centre, has 4 key groups.
• A clinical team that participates in the treatment of patients as well as in the clinical formation of colleagues during the treatments.
• A clinical research team, which collects all clinical data, researches, studies and updates all current concepts, enabling not only the improvement of clinical acts, but also the publication of our results through scientific work.
• An international team designated SPI-International Team, a group of Experts in the areas of action of the research centre. This team has the objective of sharing knowledge among members as well as with the rest of the scientific and clinical community of the area.
• A Scientific Journal called the Journal SPIR (Journal of Surgery, Periodontology and Implant Research), with the aim of contributing with scientific content to our entire scientific community.
• It also allows the entry of members, who can enrol in 3 different plans, so as to enjoy all our knowledge and support, allowing them to enjoy special conditions in our Formations and services. This is an organization with unique characteristics, complete in all areas of action, where the limit of learning, development of techniques and growth as a professional, is yet to be discovered.
Grow with us, as we grow with you and let's tell to the world what we have learned.